(1) Councillor Vegh advised that the Opening Night Gala for Southlake Cinemania, part of the TIFF Film Circuit, will be held September 17, 2018 at SilverCity Newmarket.
(2) Councillor Kerwin invited residents to come to the Active Living and Information Fair on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at the Newmarket Seniors’ Meeting Place, 474 Davis Drive.
(3) Councillor Twinney advised that a Public Consultation Centre regarding the Patterson Street Watermain Replacement is scheduled for Tuesday, September 18, 2018 in the Council Chambers at the Municipal Offices, 395 Mulock Drive, with doors opening at 6:00 PM.
(4) Deputy Mayor and Regional Councillor advised that a Public Meeting is scheduled for Monday, September 17, 2018 at 7:00 PM in the Council Chambers at 395 Mulock Drive regarding an application for a Zoning By-law Amendment for the lands municipally known as 18095 & 18099 Leslie Street.
(5) Councillor Kwapis invited residents to attend A Splash of Culture on Friday, September 14, 2018 from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the Tim Hortons Skating and Water Feature at Newmarket’s Riverwalk Commons.
(6) Councillor Kwapis advised that Rebel Heartland returns to Newmarket on Saturday, September 22, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM and Sunday, September 23, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM. He advised that the event includes a large-scale historical re-enactment at Fairy Lake Park, Newmarket’s Riverwalk Commons, and throughout downtown Newmarket
(7) Councillor Broome invited residents to attend Old Town Hall Discovery Walks, a free three-part walking series on Thursday September 13, 2018, Saturday, October 6, 2018 and Thursday, October 11, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM at the Old Town Hall, 460 Botsford St.
(8) Councillor Bisanz invited residents to the Terry Fox Run on Sunday, September 16, 2018 at the Ray Twinney Complex, 100 Eagle Street West. She advised that registration is at 8:30 AM and the run begins at 9:00 AM.
(9) Mayor Van Bynen advised that the next Council meeting is Monday, September 24, 2018 at 7:00 PM.