(1) Councillor Bisanz advised that the Newmarket Seniors Meeting Place has organized a bus trip to the Schwaben Club in Kitchener on Thursday, October 11, 2018 for an Oktoberfest lunch.
(2) Councillor Broome advised that the annual Thanksgiving toy and food drive would be accepting donations of unwrapped toys and non-perishable food items until Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
(3) Councillor Kwapis invited residents to attend a guided walking tour of Main Street and Old Town Hall on Wednesdays from October 3, 2018 to October 24, 2018.
(4) Councillor Hempen invited residents to Culture Days in Newmarket on Saturday, September 29, 2018 at Old Town Hall (460 Botsford Street) and the Newmarket Public Library (438 Park Avenue), from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM, and the Elman W. Campbell Museum (134 Main Street South) from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM.
(5) Councillor Vegh advised that the Newmarket Santa Claus Parade will take place on Saturday, November 17, 2018. The parade starts at 11:00 AM at the corner of Lorne Avenue and Eagle Street, and proceeds east on Eagle Street and north on Main Street, ending at Ontario Street.
(6) Councillor Kerwin advised that the Newmarket Historical Society will present an Interactive Trench Exhibit which will be open from November 3, 2018 to November 17, 2018 Mondays-Fridays from 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM and weekends from 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM at Old Town Hall, 460 Botsford Street.
(7) Councillor Twinney invited residents to an Open House at Fire Station 4-1, 984 Gorham Street on Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
(8) Mayor Van Bynen invited residents to a farewell event for Ward 2 Councillor Dave Kerwin who is officially retiring from Newmarket Council at the end of this term on Sunday, September 30, 2018 from 2:00 PM until 3:30 PM at the Environmental Park on Woodspring Avenue.
(9) Deputy Mayor & Regional Councillor Taylor invited residents to a farewell event for Mayor Van Bynen who is officially retiring from Newmarket Town Council at the end of this term. Residents can join Mayor Van Bynen on Saturday, September 29, 2018 from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM at Riverwalk Commons adjacent to the Holliswealth Story Pod.
(10) Mayor Van Bynen announced that Councillor Kwapis was elected to the 2018-2020 AMO Board of Directors, Small Urban Caucus at the Annual Conference of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO).
(11) Mayor Van Bynen advised that all Newmarket facilities and buildings will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Monday, October 8, 2018 and reopen Tuesday, October 9, 2018.
(12) Mayor Van Bynen advised that the last Council meeting for the 2014-2018 term is Monday, November 26, 2018 at 7:00 PM.
(13) Mayor Van Bynen advised that Newmarket voters will be voting online or by telephone this Municipal Election and can submit online or phone ballots at anytime, from anywhere, between 10:00 AM on Saturday, October 13, 2018 and 8:00 PM on Monday, October 22, 2018. He further advised that voters must check to see if they are registered on the Municipal Voters' List.