(1) Councillor Bisanz congratulated event organizers from the Newmarket American African Caribbean Association (NACCA) for their successful Black History Event this weekend called "Still I Rise".
(2) Councillor Bisanz also congratulated the 108 Health Promotion Group on their Chinese New Year event held at Upper Canada Mall.
(3) Councillor Woodhouse invited residents to the Town of Newmarket's WinterFest on Saturday February 16, 2019 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM at Riverwalk Commons and the Newmarket Community Centre and Lions Hall.
(4) Councillor Kwapis invited residents to the Public Information Centre (PIC) regarding the Charles Street reconstruction and infrastructure improvements, being held at the Seniors Centre on Wednesday February 13, 2019 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
(5) Councillor Kwapis invited residents to the Ward 5 meeting at Old Town Hall on Wednesday February 27, 2019 at 7:00 PM.
(6) Councillor Morrison invited residents to the Scouts and Girl Guides Memorabilia event at the Elman W. Campbell Museum from February 2 to 28, 2019 daily from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
(7) Councillor Morrison invited residents to the The Art of Snowflakes event at the Elman W. Campbell Museum on Saturday February 23, 2019 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
(8) Councillor Broome wished all residents a Happy Family Day weekend.
(9) Councillor Twinney updated Council on the development proposal event led by Briarwood Homes. No formal proposal has been submitted to the Town yet, additional public consultation will be included in the future process.
(10) Councillor Simon reminded residents of the Coldest Night of the Year event on Saturday February 23, 2019 from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
(11) Mayor Taylor congratulated staff on winning the Ontario Public Works Association (OPWA) Project of the Year Award in the Structures, less than $2 Million category for the Gorham Street Watermain Replacement Project.