(1) Chief Laing advised that 757 Gorham Street has been acquired for training purposes.
(2) Chief Laing provided an update regarding the contract for Fire Station 4-5. He advised that the project is scheduled to begin in the Spring of 2020, and would require approximately 18 months for completion.
(3) Chief Laing advised that Deputy Chief Comeau will be retiring at the end of March 2020.
(4) Chief Laing advised that six senior staff have retired and that there are thirteen vacancies to be filled, as well as three Fire Captain vacancies due to promotions.
(5) Mayor Mrakas provided notice of a motion to be presented at the March 3, 2020 meeting with regards to investigating consolidation of Central York Fire Services with Stouffville Fire Services.