(1) Councillor Vegh advised that the first public meeting regarding the 2019 budget would be held at a Committee of the Whole meeting Monday, December 10, 2018 at 10:00 AM.
(2) Councillor Kerwin advised that the Elman W. Campbell Museum will be holding a Christmas event on Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
(3) Councillor Twinney advised that the Town of Newmarket is hosting its first Stakeholder Advisory Group meeting to develop a business case for the Newmarket Energy Efficiency Retrofit program, a component of the Community Energy Plan. The first meeting will be held Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 6:30 PM to 9:00 PM at the Municipal Offices, 395 Mulock Drive.
(4) Councillor Hempen advised of the winter events which will be returning to Riverwalk Commons including Winter Wonderland, Frozen Fridays and the Newmarket Ice Lounge.
(5) Councillor Broome invited residents to donate to the annual Holiday Toy and Food Drive, with donations being collected in the lobby of the Municipal Offices at 395 Mulock Drive until December 12, 2018 at 3:00 PM.
(6) Councillor Bisanz advised that yard week collection ends November 30, 2018.
(7) Deputy Mayor & Regional Councillor Taylor advised of a Public Information Centre regarding Bill 36 Cannabis Legislation which is scheduled for Wednesday, December 12, 2018 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM at the Newmarket Municipal Offices.
(8) Mayor Van Bynen announced that the Town of Newmarket recently received three awards from MarCom Awards – Platinum for the 2016-2017 Community Report, and Platinum and Gold in separate categories for the Safety Starts with You: Cycling Safety Video Series. The Town of Newmarket also received honourable mention at the Creative City Summit 2018 for the Award of Excellence for the Town of Newmarket’s Inaugural National 10 Minute Play Festival in 2017.
(9) Mayor Van Bynen advised that the Inaugural Council Meeting for the 2018-2022 term is Monday, December 3, 2018 at 7:00 PM at Old Town Hall, 460 Botsford Street.