The Economic Development Officer provided a preliminary list of strategies for the 2020-2024 Economic Development strategy, which included the following:
- Intelligent Community/Smart City
- Supporting Southlake’s Growth and Leadership Innovation
- Incentives for Major Developments
- Marketing the Corridors Campaign
- Supporting Wealth Creating Companies
- Targeted Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
- Post-Secondary Opportunities
- Downtown: The Living Room of the Community
The Economic Development Officer reviewed the draft 2020-2023 York Region Economic Development Action Plan which includes the key themes of business, innovation and talent.
The Members discussed additional strategies initiatives including transportation, collaboration with N6, marketing and branding.