The BIA Board opened the floor to questions and discussion from the BIA membership.
(1) Closing Main Street to vehicular traffic - Jackie Playter expressed concern over proposals to close Main Street to vehicle traffic, as not all businesses have rear access.
(2) Question regarding Vision or Mission statement - Tom Hempen advised he was not aware of a vision or mission statement but that this could be established in the future.
(3) Councillor Kwapis recommended more bicycle racks to be installed on Main Street to encourage cycling downtown.
(4) Garbage downtown - Anne Martin stated that garbage remains a problem in the downtown area.
(5) Question regarding Smoking in public areas - Councillor Twinney advised that a new smoking by-law would be coming in the future which would set out rules for smoking in public areas.
(6) Sigfried Wall advised that downtown parking remains an issue.
(7) Al Cockburn advised of security issues related to his business on Main Street.